Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Monday, February 23, 2015

INSP to create Original Movies!


I am so excited to share with you all the latest Press Release (below) from INSP! The network, INSP, which is now available in over 80 Million homes, will be creating their own NEW Original Movies for TV!


INSP PRESS RELEASE :

INSP Taps Gary Wheeler as VP of Original Movies

Award-Winning Filmmaker To Lead INSP’s Original Film Division

Images via: INSP and GlobalNewsWire

Indian Land, SC –Award-winning filmmaker Gary Wheeler has been appointed as Vice President of Original Movies for INSP. The announcement was made today by Doug Butts, SVP of Programming.


In this position, Wheeler is charged with the creation of original features to premiere exclusively on INSP. The first wave of films is scheduled to debut in the third quarter of 2015.


“The development and production of original movies is something INSP has been excited about for some time, Butts added. “And we’ve hired the perfect filmmaker for the job. Gary’s portfolio is impressive and his creativity is inspiring. More importantly, his vision for future films aligns perfectly with INSP’s brand of wholesome entertainment. We are thrilled that someone of his stature and experience will oversee our film division.”


Wheeler is a multi-award winning film writer, producer and director. As a member of the Producer’s Guild of America, he has directed and/or produced more than a dozen motion pictures and television programs both domestically and worldwide. Most recently, he served as co-producer on a project produced by the Kendrick Brothers’ (FIREPROOF, COURAGEOUS) and Sony/Affirm Films.



Wheeler’s past films include:

•THE HEART of CHRISTMAS – a primetime Emmy-nominated television feature based on the popular song by Matthew West;
•THE TRIAL – an award winning feature film based on the novel by renowned author Robert Whitlow and distributed by 20th Century Fox; and,
•FINAL SOLUTION, a critically-acclaimed feature film shot in South Africa and broadcast throughout the United States.


“Having Gary join our already talented staff has enabled us to accelerate our production and release schedules, continued Butts. “We are excited about the impact these projects will have on INSP’s viewership.”


###

*Press Release above via Melissa Prince, of INSP.
Source: The Inspirational Networks, Inc.


My Take: I think this is absolutely wonderful news... as INSP is known for airing faith and family friendly programming, including television dramas and movies, we know we can always trust and depend on. I will look forward to hearing about their upcoming movie projects and sharing them here with all of you!

*Please share your thoughts on INSP - in the comments below!

10 comments:

  1. Good news for INSP!! I loved "Courageous", "Fireproof" and "Heart of Christmas" and they're all out on DVD that I've added to my never ending collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Linda, I certainly have an ever-growing collection of these wonderful faith-based family movies, too! And yet... I, too, can't wait to see more! I think all of us believers should pray for Gary Wheeler, his crew, and cast... And the message his next movie will convey!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations INSP and Gary Wheeler! Do you know if they will create a Christmas Movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if they will, yet... But I am hopeful!

      And.... Trust me, if I do hear, I will certainly let you know - ASAP!!!

      Delete
  3. TV movie creation is certainly at an all time high. It's nice to see INSP doing it. I've noticed, they play movies usually only on Sunday. I'm wondering if that might change and they might do more on Saturday or throughout the week. Maybe Friday, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question. You are right - INSP does usually reserve movie viewing for Sunday, which is the night UP & Hallmark Movies & Mysteries typically premiere their movies and Hallmark Ch. gives an encore of theirs. I guess we will have to wait and see. My guess is they will stick to doing a weekend premiere of their movie, too, just like other networks... But then again, FRIDAY might be a good option... that's the night Disney typically premieres theirs, but they come a lot less often than other channels.

      Guess we will have to wait and see! :)

      Delete
  4. That's great to know. Thanks for sharing.

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Misty! I was so excited for INSP and all of us viewers who love good, wholesome, faith-based, family movies!

      Delete
  5. Thank you Net for introducing me to INSP a long while back. You kept listing al these great movies ( at Christmas ) on INSP, so I had to hunt through my channels to find it and believe you me, I was thrilled to find I had this station. Now, I watch a lot of good old drama type shows, but I'm looking forward to hearing about these new movies. Congrats also to INSP, you are a great channel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thrilled I was able to introduce you to INSP. Their programming is so welcoming to family viewers... I always feel safe and at home when I watch their channel... Safe in knowing all the content is decent, and I feel at home, watching beloved characters, I've grown up watching and knowing since childhood. I guess that's why their logo "Welcome Home" is so perfect... You really do feel like you're at home with family... And I'm glad to have you, Jessica, in the family, too! God bless you and all the INSP family!

      Delete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net